Friday, July 4, 2008

Gawai Antu celebration

Hye there!!! Im backkkk!!! back with some recent pictures taken during the Gawai Antu at my kampung, to remember back my beloved late grandad. Hows time fly by & its nearly 2 years now since his departure. We miss ya. RIP.
But enough of the sadness part, I got a chance to wear a traditional Orang Ulu costume during that day, that was my first time wearing it..panas juga ooo...My sister & mu cousin are also wore traditional costumes, but they wore an Iban traditional costumes. Lucky me i already wore it la so no bother hehehe & one thing its damn heavy la.
p/s : All thepics are not in order, nak cepat punya pasal, internet ni balik2 condemn...


Welcoming the guests (tp guestnya x kena gbr)

My sister turn to wear her costume

My mum, aunty n granny gathered the
tombstone of my late grandad


hasilnya..

Old man (my late grandad best buddy) performed the 'miring'


Still the 'miring' part

prepared the Ranyai for Gawai Antu



Pre - Gawai, preparing the flock of flowers...


the view

My cousin kacau daun jg...

hungry la...me, my sis n my cousin having lunch..lapar beb..

The longhouse in serene mode...peaceful..
apa ni cik kak?

With uncle Henk together with Iban lasses...
Well, hope u guys enjoyed it. I promise will be back with my holiday Pics in KK, Sabah. hmm..gotta go now, tomorrow, i'll be heading to Kuching with my cousins. I heard there is alot of newbies in Kuching, hopefully I can jalan2 d bandaraya kuching la...lama x pi sana..tringat kenangan lama huhuhu..I wish I can turn back time...ehhh..need to pack up my stuff la for tomorrow...ciao...











No comments: